10:00PM - 1:00AMSend a message Listen Live
A Radcliffe store has been fined £2,000 for not complying with health and safety orders.
Bury Council had told Mani Supermarket Ltd to turn off the electricity until its leaking roof had been repaired, to avoid risk of injury to employees and members of the public.
Inspectors had found that the leaks were being caught in plastic bags suspended from the ceiling, and served a prohibition notice requiring the power to be turned off on 2 October 2011. But when they returned on a rainy day eight days later, the Moss Shaw Way store was open, the electricity was on and customers were being served.
Bury magistrates fined the supermarket £2,000 plus costs of £3,469 and a £15 victim surcharge.