6:00AM - 10:00AMSend a message Listen Live
Warning over smoke alarms
Initial investigations into a house fire which killed four brothers and sisters say the bungalow DID have smoke alarms fitted, but they weren't working.
Reece Smith, 19, twins Holly and Ella, aged four and Jordan, two, died in the blaze at a converted bungalow in Freckleton, on Saturday.
Post-mortem tests found they died from the effects of breathing in smoke.
Their mum Michelle Smith, 36, was led out of the house by firefighters and was not seriously hurt.
She'd been celebrating her birthday.
Simon Bone, community protection manager for Lancashire Fire and Rescue, said: "There were smoke detectors in the premises. Early indications indicate they weren't operative."
He said the investigation suggested the fire had started in a wardrobe in one of the attic bedrooms where the victims were found.
ALL fire services DO offer free smoke alarm fittngs and safety checks, for more info, click below:
Lancashire Fire Service: http://www.lancsfirerescue.org.uk/fire-safety-at-home/
Greater Manchester Fire Service: http://www.manchesterfire.gov.uk/fire_safety_advice/home_fire_risk_assessments.aspx
Merseyside Fire Service: http://www.merseyfire.gov.uk/aspx/pages/smoke_alarms/campaign.aspx
Cheshire Fire Service: http://www.cheshirefire.gov.uk/detail.aspx?mid=2085