10:00AM - 2:00PMSend a message Listen Live
A faily have escaped a fire at their home in Haliwell , thanks to a smoke alarm.
At 2206hrs on the 20th August 2012, firefighters from Bolton North and Bolton Fire Stations were called to a semi detached house on Nut Street, Halliwell, Bolton, Manchester where it was reported that people were trapped inside the property.
When the fire crews arrived at the scene they were confronted by a fire in the rear back bedroom of the domestic property. Fortunately prior to the arrival of the fire service two adults and four children had all escaped from the property.
The fire crews quickly extinguished the fire in the bedroom with two small hose reel jets.
There was a working smoke alarm in the premises which had been fitted by the fire service previously and this raised the alarm and allowed all the occupants to escape from the fire.
The cause into how the fire started is believed at this stage to be one of the young children playing with matches in the bedroom.
The bedroom was badly damaged by fire and the remainder of the first floor was severely damaged by smoke.
Remember always keep matches and lighters out of reach of children as they are extremely dangerous and are not toys.
Make sure you have a working smoke alarm in your property and test that the batteries work every week.
For a free Home Safety Check call 0800 555 815